[Mailfilter-users] ["Return-Path" exceeded maxlength] bug

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 11:03:27 PDT 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 14:17:56 +0200, Harald Weis <hawei at nerim.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 07:19:00PM +0200, Helmut Hullen wrote:
> > Hallo, Harald,
> >
> > Du meintest am 23.07.04 zum Thema Re: [Mailfilter-users] ["Return-Path" exceeded maxlength] bug:
> >
> > > Still no luck. What's wrong there? Why should I go back to
> > > automake-1.7 ?
> >
> > > **Error**: Missing `aclocal'.  The version of `automake'
> > > installed doesn't appear recent enough.
> >
> > Was liefert
> >         which aclocal
> >         aclocal --version
> >
> > Viele Gruesse!
> > Helmut
>
> By the way, just in case for pure information:
> I replied directly to Helmut in German, but nothing new for the
> community. FreeBSD does not use aclocal.
> <<<
> algol{me} ~/mailfilter # autoconf --version
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
> Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.
>
> algol{me} ~/mailfilter # automake --version
> automake (GNU automake) 1.8.5
> Written by Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat.com>.
>
> algol{me} ~/mailfilter # which aclocal
> aclocal: Command not found.
> algol{me} ~/mailfilter #

Do you have a aclocal18 in your ${PREFIX}/bin directory?  If you do,
then your missing a link from aclocal -> aclocal18.  Try re-installing
the automake18 port, to fix or just create the link.

One way that your aclocal could end up missing is if you had an older
version of automake installed and later pkg_delete'd it after
installing automake18.

Scot