general MIME types port (was: Re: cvs commit: ports/mail/sylpheed Makefile distinfo pkg-plist)

Sun Aug 1 03:33:37 PDT 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 19:29:22 -0400 (EDT)
Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> > Is someone willing to help in creating a general MIME types port and
> > patch every port to use it?
>
> This is what misc/shared-mime-info is for.  This is the new MIME spec from
> Freedesktop.org.  GNOME already uses this, and I think KDE is also moving
> in this direction.

But this port depends upon an xml parser. I was talking about those
simple "mime.types" files used in e.g. apache, sylpheed and some other
internet related programs:
---snip---
application/mac-binhex40        hqx
application/mac-compactpro      cpt
application/macwriteii
application/marc
application/mathematica
application/mathml+xml          mathml
application/msword              doc
application/news-message-id
application/news-transmission
application/ocsp-request
application/ocsp-response
application/octet-stream        bin dms lha lzh exe class so dll dmg
application/oda                 oda
application/ogg                 ogg
application/parityfec
application/pdf                 pdf
application/pgp-encrypted
---snip---

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           I'm available to get hired (preferred in .lu).