If you're bored during the freeze

Robin Schoonover end at endif.cjb.net
Tue Apr 27 14:55:23 PDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:03:37 -0400, Michael Edenfield wrote:
> * Robin Schoonover <end at endif.cjb.net> [040427 09:35]:

> > > You did not have any important data there, otherwise you would
> > > remember which port it was, I guess?
> > >

> > It did delete important data (a calendar in fact, that is only used by
> > about 5-10 people), but I was too worried about finding the backup to
> > remember what port it was. :(
> >
> > Fortunately I managed to get the data back in place before anyone
> > complained.
>
> At some point in the past, apache itself did this when upgrading
> (apache+mod_ssl, specifically).  I got into the habit of never putting
> anything useful in that directory so it wouldn't happen again.

Hmm...now I think about it, I think it was apache that deleted it.  I had
apache 2.0 installed, installed something that said it depended on apache
1.3, so apache 1.3 was installed -over- apache 2.0.  Noticed apache 1.3
was installed, so I deinstalled it, so that it deleted the www data
directory and everything in it.

Now we have all the versions of apache listed as each other's CONFLICTs,
so this shouldn't be able to happen any more.

--
Robin Schoonover (aka End)
#