If you're bored during the freeze

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sat Apr 24 02:41:38 PDT 2004

On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 11:31:46AM +0200, Kay Lehmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> koctave is listed in the 4-full-logs. The extra-files are:

> list of extra files and directories in /
> root/.qt extra
> root/.kde extra
> usr/local/share/icons/hicolor/32x32 extra
> usr/local/share/icons/hicolor/16x16 extra
> usr/local/share/icons/locolor extra
> usr/local/share/applnk extra
>
> .qt and .kde are created during configure-run and I have to take a
> closer look at why this is done, but the other dirs were listed in my
> first plist and has been erased during initial commit with the comment:
>
> (Note to submitter: it is not necessary to remove all the directories
> in pkg-plist that are installed by any standard X-related port).
>
> So my question is: do I have to include them in my plist or not?

The root/ ones can be ignored in this case, since AFAIK they're not
harmful (the port just creates default config files).

I think the directories in /usr/local are created by a dependency (qt
or part of kde) but not cleaned up by that port.  Or maybe the problem
is because they're appearing in /usr/local when KDE expects the
directories to be in /usr/X11R6.

Kris