xmcd now requires ATAPICAM for IDE CD-ROM?

Daniel Eischen eischen at vigrid.com
Thu Apr 22 16:27:40 PDT 2004

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
>
> > Your patch did the trick.  Thanks!
>
> Thanks for finding the problem.
>
> > Only other problem I still encountered was CDDB lookups were failing, but I
> > discovered in the docs that all I needed to do was to set the BROWSER_PATH
> > environment variable to point to the fully-qualified path for firefox-bin.
> > Then it worked fine.  You should probably do something with this in the
> > port, too.
>
> I don't want to make the port dependent on mozilla or some other
> browser.  Is there another way to do this?
>
> > See file:///usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xmcd/discog/discog.html for details.
> >
> > Thanks again for the quick response on this.
>
> Sure.  I'll wait for response from the author before committing
> the patch.  He has always been very helpful and responsive.

I haven't heard back from the author, but he seems to know about
it.  The News link (from http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/xmcd/) says:

  April 20, 2004: A bug that causes the cda utility to crash upon
  startup has been identified. It will be fixed in xmcd 3.3.2 which
  is due to be released very soon, and will supercede xmcd 3.3.0
  as well as the 3.3.1 patch on UNIX-like platforms.

I'll keep an eye out for its release.

--
Dan Eischen