Second "RFC" on pkg-data idea for ports

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Tue Apr 13 16:30:41 PDT 2004

At 11:32 PM +0400 4/13/04, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:

>From your WEB-page:
>-------------------
>... I also wonder if it might be better to collapse the
>data-format value into the initial "freebsd-ports" tag.
>Ie, the pkg-data information would start with a tag-line of
>==<freebsd-ports:v1>
>but still end with a "</freebsd-ports>" tag.
>-------------------
>
>In XML we can get something like: <freebsd-ports version="1">.
>For parsing we have ready parsers.

If there are simple syntax changes like this that would make
the format more "XML-ish", then we could do those changes.  It's
just that I need specific details of what we need to change.  We
could certainly make simple syntax changes like this without it
being any harder to write the program we're presently working on.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu