About that Freetype2 update

parv parv_fm at emailgroups.net
Tue Sep 30 16:59:28 PDT 2003

in message <1064934538.46705.13.camel at sisko.webonaut.com>,
wrote Franz Klammer thusly...

> i had the a problem with blur font display after upgrading to the
> latest version. adding back bytecode solves it.
>
> here some screenshots with and without bytcode enabled:
>
> http://webonaut.com/temp/bytecode/

Interesting!  I had only seen[0] the fuzzier version of an
anti-aliased font (as seen in "*without_bytecode*" images),
believing it to be the "feature" of anti aliasing.  That, the
fuzziness, was highly distracting, so i have been using plain olde
UN-anti-aliased(?) fonts.

Now i know better.  Thanks everybody.

[0] I saw fuzziness in fvwm 2.5.x, xterm, and Mozilla, all running w/
help of XFree86 4.2.0.  I did not note the whether the version of
freetype.

  - Parv