About that Freetype2 update

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Tue Sep 30 16:03:52 PDT 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:28:36 -0700, Michael Collette <metrol at metrol.net>
wrote:

> On Tuesday 30 September 2003 02:32 pm, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 04:22:15 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke
>> <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> > Everything here looks beautiful.  You're free to test your assumptions
>> > above.  If the byte-code interpreter helps, I can always add that back
>> > in as an option.
>>
>> Here too, everything looks so good now.. It looks much more darker and
>> curve.. Also, it looks much much better when it is black background with
>> white font.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mezz
>>
>> > Joe
>
> With that byte-code thingy turned on, my fonts look as they did with the
> old
> version of Freetype2, quite nice.  It's been a LONG time since I had font
> complaints about FreeBSD... up until this byte code thing anyway.
>
> What in the wide wide world of sports is different about my setup??
> Okay,
> rhetorical question.  I just hate having to manually patch stuff up to
> get
> things stable here.

I have sent to PR[1] to add WITH_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER define, because I
rather to have the bytecode interpreter enable now.. After using it with
disable for a while, I get headache and many bold fonts look awful. I
switched back to bytecode interpreter enable and the headache is starting
to go away..

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=57433

Cheers,
Mezz