cvsup - refuse not honoring selections

Kenneth W Cochran kwc at TheWorld.com
Tue Sep 30 15:41:56 PDT 2003

>To: Kenneth W Cochran <kwc at TheWorld.com>
>Cc: freebsd-ports at freebsd.org
>Subject: Re: cvsup - refuse not honoring selections
>From: Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-ports-local at be-well.ilk.org>
>Date: 30 Sep 2003 15:55:21 -0400
>
>--=-=-=
>
>Kenneth W Cochran <kwc at TheWorld.com> writes:
>
>> I have in my refuse file ports/hungarian and ports/polish, but
>> I still get those directories when I cvsup.
>> Any idea what is (not?) happening or what might be wrong?
>
>Hard to say.  You're probably putting the supfile in the wrong place,
>which is /usr/sup/ports-all/refuse, for my supfile (with base=/usr and
>ports-all for the collection):

Oops, I was in a hurry & should have added some more detail...

The refuse file is /usr/sup/refuse (as per cvsup documentation).
It happily refuses all kinds of other things, e.g. various
bits of doc/, src/release/doc/, and ports/ - most of the non-English
docs & ports.  Of these, only ports/hungarian and ports/polish
don't "obey" the refuse file.  Wierd.

-kc