INDEX build failed

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Sep 30 12:21:15 PDT 2003

On Monday, September 29, 2003, at 11:53 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>>> Did someone add a port called 'clean' or something?
>>
>> *looking suspiciously at edwin*
>
> Good look :-).
>
> [ 16:23 edwin ] Original commit
> clean 3.2 sysutils
>         New port: sysutils/clean; automatically remove unwanted files
>
>                 New port: clean searches through the filesystem for
> "temporary
>                 files" left behind by editors and the like which can be
>                 deleted.  The pattern of regular expressions is
> controllable
>                 via a ~/.cleanrc.
>
>         PR:             ports/52881
>         Submitted by:   Chuck Swiger <chuck at pkix.net>

/usr/ports/devel/patch doesn't seem to conflict with the existence of a
"make patch" target; I don't believe that the ports system should
forbid a port named "clean", or "install", if /usr/bin/install was a
port rather than part of the base system.

Regardless of my opinion, however, I do apologize for any inconvenience
that may have resulted.  At the time I submitted the port, I asked
about the name on this list and received no feedback or objections
since June.

Should the port be renamed?

--
-Chuck