Please update the devel/bison port

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Mon Sep 29 01:20:54 PDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 01:13:04PM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Bison 1.875 has been out for ages, but the ports still only has 1.75.
> I'm starting to find software that depends on the new version.

The ports system has both devel/bison (version 1.75) and devel/bison1875
(version 1.875)

>From the commit message for bison1875:

  Add bison 1.875.  Some grammars require the new version of Bison (such as
  PostgreSQL), however the new bison also breaks many many ports.
  Compromise with a new port.  Installs as bison and _not_ bison1875 and
  should be mutually exclusive to the main bison port.  Hopefully the bison
  authors will clean up their product and this port can disappear when the
  base bison port is updated in the future or enough ports are updated to
  work with newer versions of bison.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson