xview-clients port and the bento log

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Sun Sep 28 09:00:02 PDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 08:37:10AM -0700, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> I see... (I did the last "cleaning" on that port years ago)

Both the xview and xview-clients ports are showing their age somewhat.
(The xview* source itself is even older and dustier and hasn't been
changed for nearly a decade, but updating that to modern coding
standards seems like a lot of work.)

> Your patch is an option, another one is merging xview-clients into xview. I
> think the best would be to do something like ghostscript-x11 does, merge the
> xview-clients patches into the xview port and add the Clients target from the
> xview-clients port.

Yes, that would probably be the best solution.  My patch is more of a
temporary workaround that can be used until somebody comes up with a
proper fix.

There can't be too many people around who use the xview port without
also using the xview-clients port so merging the ports sounds like a
good idea.

> Yeah, it's quite a job and it has to be done with some care.

Indeed.  I am not volunteering. :-)   At least for the near future I
don't have the time ncecessary to do it.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013 at student.uu.se