bbconf

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Thu Sep 25 00:22:08 PDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 01:27:54AM -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:16:37 -0700 (PDT), Mike Hoskins <mike at adept.org>
> wrote:
> > just installed X/bb/bbconf on a new 5.1 install.  i had not installed
> > bbconf since 4.8.  now it seems plugins are missing.  (?)  i do not see a
> > seperate plugins port, and am not sure if this is intentional.  the only
> > thing bbconf currently lets me do is edit my menu -- the least useful
> > option.  ;)  despite being installed, it does not even mention
> > keybindings/bbkeys.  thoughts?
>
> Try to run this:
>
> $ cd /usr/ports ; make search key=blackbox
>
> ...and, you will see.. ;-) Also, you even can visit to www.freshports.org
> if you prefer to search on web browser instead.

Mike,

did you install from the port? I just installed the port on my current -CURRENT
and it worked like a charm, including all four plugins. I think this is
what Jeremy tried to tell you, to try the port first.

If you did install from the port, something else is wrong but I can't figure
out what from the details you provided. Maybe you should rebuild the port
and look for errors in the build output indicating that some plugins will
not be built?

--Stijn

--
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and