gnome 2.4 and epiphany

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 24 09:16:41 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 05:24, Morten Rodal wrote:
> Would it be possible to make gnome 2.4 not install epiphany at all?
> It currently depends on Mozilla, and I have Mozilla Firebird installed
> and would like to not have both Mozilla and Mozilla Firebird
> installed.  Right now I have to edit the Makefile and remove the
> epiphany dependency, but a WITHOUT_EPIPHANY (or something similar)
> would be great.

The only conditionalization for Epiphany will be for non-i386 -STABLE
platforms (basically Alpha).  Epiphany is part of the GNOME desktop, and
thus part of the meta-port.  If you don't want it, you can build your
own meta-port, and install it instead.  That way it will never be
overwritten by cvsup.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus at FreeBSD.org