REMINDER: Commits to fix -STABLE package builds permitted

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 23 16:27:05 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 19:14, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:
> From: "Joe Marcus Clarke" <marcus at freebsd.org>
> > This is just a reminder that any ports commit to fix a
> > *-STABLE build problem reported on bento* is permitted during the
> > freeze.  There have been a lot of requests to portmgr about these kind
> > of commits.  Please feel free to commit as we are approaching the ports
> > tree tag date for 4.9-RELEASE.
> >
> Can a fix be added to the security/amavisd port?  The problem is that if you
> specify -DWITH_MILTER when building the port, it will error out in the
> configure stage when either libsm.a or libsmutil.a don't exist on the
> system.  These 2 libraries are no longer installed by sendmail, as they are
> no longer needed (acording to Greg Shapiro).
>
> The patch for this fix can be found in PR 56658 under the audit trail
> (files/patch-configure).  All it does is move the test for libsm.a into the
> HAVE_SM_SM_STRLCPY test.
>
> This is one error that bento will not be able to catch.

If it's not affecting the package build, I'd like to hold off until
after I tag the tree (which should be tonight if all goes well).

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome