security/amavisd and libsm from mail/sendmail

Scot W. Hetzel hetzelsw at westbend.net
Tue Sep 23 16:19:45 PDT 2003

From: "Pawel Malachowski" <pawmal-posting at freebsd.lublin.pl>
> I was not able to install latest security/amavisd + WITH_MILTER
> on my box, it was failing on configure script. After a bit of
investigation
> I realised, it depends on libsm, which is not available. I have
sendmail-sasl
> installed from ports.
> Compiling /usr/ports/mail/sendmail/work/sendmail-8.12.10/libsm `by hand'
and
> copying libsm.a to /usr/local/lib solved the problem -- amavisd
WITH_MILTER
> was installed with success. Is this OK to not install libsm.a with
sendmail?

libsm.a so not needed to compile the amavisd with milter support.  The
problem is that the configure script has misplaced the addition of this lib.
It should have only been added when the HAVE_SM_SM_STRLCPY test succeeded.

I had sent PR 56658 which corrects this problem, and updates the startup
scripts to rcNG.

Scot