gnats-submit: molden port complaint bounced back; please help!

Rob Lahaye lahaye at snu.ac.kr
Mon Sep 22 20:12:34 PDT 2003

Oliver Eikemeier wrote:

> Rob Lahaye wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>> (why can I send emails to the whole world, but does gnats bounce it
>> back?)

>>    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>> ... while talking to mx1.freebsd.org.:
>>
>>  >>>>>> DATA
>>
>> <<< 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [147.46.44.183]
>> <FreeBSD-gnats-submit at freebsd.org>... Deferred: 450 Client host
>> rejected: cannot find your hostname, [147.46.44.183]
>> [...]
>

> mx1.FreeBSD.org accepts only hosts with a valid reverse DNS entry. You
> should configure sendmail (or whatever you are using) to send your mail
> no directly to the target host, but to relay via sis1.snu.ac.kr
> (147.46.10.36), which should be something like:
>
>  FEATURE(`msp', `sis1.snu.ac.kr)dnl in /etc/mail/freebsd.submit.mc
> and
>  'make install-submit-cf' in /etc/mail/
>
> Sorry if this doesn't work, I don't use sendmail.

Thanks!

But "sis1.snu.ac.kr" is the main university mailer and my smtp server.
This sis1 computer is somewhere burried in the computer center of the
university. My PC has an unregistered tcp/ip number (147.46.44.183),
but can send email via the smtp of sis1 computer.
This whole setup allows me to send emails with Mozilla to the whole
world, but not to FreeBSD-gnats-submit.

I am not going to bother the computer center of the university, or
start learning the ins and outs of sendmail, simply because I want
to say
        "the molden port is broken and here is a patch".

Either someone else takes it from here, or I'll give up completely
and never ever use send-pr again, despite me loving FreeBSD!

Best regards,
Rob.