Why is KDE installing in LOCALBASE; not X11BASE?

Will Andrews will at csociety.org
Mon Sep 22 05:07:28 PDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 01:00:11AM -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> Awful a lot of WM are in /usr/X11R6, so I think we see the winner easily.

It's just a convention, and there's no reason to change it, other
than, maybe, POLA (from whose perspective, becomes the question).

hier(7) needs a lot of clarification if you ask me.  IMHO the LSB
is much better specified, but it's also much longer.

KDE will stay where it is until there is a good reason to put it
somewhere else.

Regards,
--
wca