Problem installing/upgrading QT3.2

Arjan van Leeuwen avleeuwen at piwebs.com
Sat Sep 20 06:18:25 PDT 2003

On Saturday 20 September 2003 15:13, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> --On Saturday, September 20, 2003 14:55:25 +0200 Arjan van Leeuwen
> >
> > I had this error too. It looks like this can be fixed by deinstalling Qt
> > before compiling the new version (or rather, before doing 'make
> > configure' in  the new version).
>
> Bad idea for me, at least.  Since I run KDE, uninstalling Qt would BREAK
> KDE.

I did this myself while running KDE. It's not so difficult.

Open Konsole, do a pkg_delete -fx qt-3.1, go to /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt32,
and do a 'make clean && make install clean'.

You can do all this while your desktop is running, just make sure you don't
start any new programs that use Qt while doing it.

Arjan