Cannot make from CD-ROM

Paul Cocker paul.cocker at fph-tr.nhs.uk
Fri Sep 12 05:28:49 PDT 2003

New to BSD and Unix in general, so be gentle :)

Trying to make XFree86-4.  Mounted CD-ROM using command "mount /cdrom" and then CD'd to /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4  Once there used make command, only for FreeBSD to try (and fail) to access the net due to proxy authentication failure.  Since I don't believe FreeBSD supports NTLM authentication (or does it?) I wish to do this via the CD-ROM... how can I make it access it?

I confirmed that the CD-ROM had indeed been mounted to /cdrom as the instructions say it should.

Paul
PLEASE NOTE:
This e-mail message is confidential and privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please accept our apologies; do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action on reliance of its content. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that the message has been sent to you in error before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.