security/amavisd 1.0 problem

Scot W. Hetzel hetzelsw at westbend.net
Tue Sep 9 18:20:23 PDT 2003

From: "Andrew Stuart" <elitetek at tekrealm.net>
> It appears with the recent upgrade to 1.0, that amavisd is broken when
> you build with_milter. attached is the section of the configure error,
> anyone know how to fix this off hand?
>
> checking for libmilter/mfapi.h... yes
> checking for smfi_main in -lmilter... no
> configure: error: milter requested but not found

Your missing the libsm.a library, so you need to compile and install it by
doing the following:

cd /usr/src/lib/libsm
vi Makefile
    - change INTERNALLIB to NOPIC
make obj && make && make install

If your building this on -CURRENT, then you also need to add the following
to the amavisd/Makefile:

CONFIGURE_ENV+=    PTHREAD_LIBS=${PTHREAD_LIBS} \
                                         PTHREAD_CFLAGS=${PTHREAD_CFLAGS}

I have sent a pr with this fix today, see PR 56658.  It also changes the
startup scripts to use sysutils/rc_subr.

Scot