FreeBSD Port: chmlib-0.3.1_1

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Thu Sep 4 08:14:03 PDT 2003

Hi,

> I've just downloaded (after portinstall chmlib)
> xchm-0.7.1.tar.gz
> untargzipped it, then
>
> export CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
> export LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
> ../configure
> make
>
> it works :)) it's a really cool application.
> I tought you could add it to the ports collection - I
> believe
> it is really a piece of pie for you.
>
> I hope this is helpfull.

Thanks for your interest in the ports collection which has already a lot
of great applications, and it could have even one more ... but we would
need to find a volunteer who is interested in getting that software into
the tree, and who knows how to port that software.

Re-reading my last paragraph I come to the conclusion that _you_ are the
ideal candidate. Seriously, here a lot of busy people, and every help
is gratefully accepted.

All you have to do is read through the Porters' Handbook[1] (at least
the `Quick Porting' chapter) and choose one of the 9000+ examples in your
ports collection as a start. Of course, the mailing list will assist you
if you are stuck.

Cheers,
 Simon

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/