GNU packages and gettext

Oliver Eikemeier eikemeier at fillmore-labs.com
Thu Oct 23 17:53:20 PDT 2003

Simon Barner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as some of may have noticed, I fixed a number of ports that did not use
> the system wide gettext installation but the one included in the package
> (if you ask me GNU people should never have started shipping gettext
> with their source tarballs).

great work, afaics you have done /usr/X11R6/lib/charset.alias:

audio/gqradio       => PR 58424
games/gnmm          => PR 58369
irc/lostirc         => PR 58427
korean/ami          => PR 58440
mail/sylpheed       => PR 58441
sysutils/gtk-imonc  => PR 58442
sysutils/xcdroast   => PR 58375

now we are just missing /usr/local/lib/charset.alias:

databases/namazu2
devel/arm-rtems-gcc
devel/avr-gcc
devel/i386-rtems-gcc
devel/i960-rtems-gcc
devel/m68k-rtems-gcc
devel/mips-rtems-gcc
devel/powerpc-rtems-gcc
devel/sh-rtems-gcc
devel/sparc-rtems-gcc
net/ap-utils
sysutils/lineakd
sysutils/linneighborhood
textproc/opensp
x11-fm/xfe

> I became aware of these issues due to Oliver Eikemeier's ports conflicts
> email ( http://freebsd.rambler.ru/bsdmail/freebsd-ports_2003/msg08919.html )
hey, someone reads my emails, I'm enthused. :->

> because the ports using the internal gettext implementation all
> installed the following files:
>
> ${PREFIX}/lib/charset.alias
> ${PREFIX}/share/locale/locale.alias
>
> I have two approaches in mind how one could tackle this problem at its
> root:
>
> [...]
>
> 2. Modify portlint such that it reports an error when either
> `charset.alias' or `locale.alias' are in the pkg-plist.
<advertisement> perhaps the portconflitcs tool will help? </advertisement>