net/net-snmp: NO_PERL & NO_INSTALL_MANPAGES

Matt Peterson matt at peterson.org
Wed Oct 15 13:42:03 PDT 2003

Howdy,

I'm attempting to modify the net/net-snmp port to not require Perl or
install man pages (ie: embedded system).

While modifing the Makefile (comment out --perl & USE_PERL) works fine,
I'd like to use a make option to do this.  What's the appropriate way to
make this happen (short of defining my own WITH or WITHOUT_PERL tweak in
the Makefile)?

Also, on a related note.  One would think NO_INSTALL_MANPAGES would ask
the port to not install manpages in the PREFIX, instead this appears to
mean 'does the port have any manpages to install or not', em I correct?

P.S. Mental reminder note to fix BATCH=1 with this port too, since it
still requires a carriage return after the configure and before make begin.

Thx!

--
Matt Peterson         another.geek.without.a.life
matt at peterson.org       http://matt.peterson.org/