Ports conflicts: `lib/libiberty.a'

Sergei Kolobov sergei at kolobov.com
Sun Oct 12 02:39:29 PDT 2003

On 2003-10-12 at 11:24 +0200, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 01:19:53PM +0400, Sergei Kolobov wrote:
> > There were several alternative solutions proposed on this very list -
> > somthing like a pkg-options file which list all options local to the
> > port, together with corresponding bsd.port.mk magic to present a user
> > with a list of options to choose from, while still allowing to
> > pre-define them via /etc/make.conf (or some other mechanism) and
> > providing defaults for BATCH=yes builds.
>
> See mail/mailman or emulators/xmame files/pkg-opts files and corresponding
> pre-everything magic for one take on the 'documenting port Makefile knobs'.

This is exactly what I meant. Thank you, Stijn, for providing examples.
Perhaps, some minor modifications are needed, but general idea is the
same.

Last time this issue was discussed portmgr promised to revisit the issue
after the ports tree will be unfrozen (was it 4.7-RELEASE?).
Why we always seem to discuss this during the freeze? 8-)

Sergei