Problems with make package

Ade Lovett ade at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 2 14:12:35 PDT 2003

On Thursday, Oct 2, 2003, at 01:54 US/Pacific, Jens Rehsack wrote:
> Can you give a rough time frame when your fix could expected?
> I'm waiting to set up a couple of machines and must tell my
> boss when he could expect the result.

Well, it all pretty much depends on allocating FreeBSD-time as opposed
to RealJob-time (even though I'm the boss).

The approach is pretty simple for bsd.port.mk:

    1.  find any references to 'make' using anything other than ${MAKE},
and fix them appropriately
    2.  find appropriate references to ${MAKE}, and change to ${MAKE} -C
${.CURDIR} as appropriate

-aDe