Need some USE_OPENSSL help

Doug Barton DougB at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 2 12:14:07 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Dirk Meyer wrote:

> Doug Barton schrieb:,
>
> > The following worked just fine for a long time:
> >
> > .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
> > .if ${OSVERSION} >= 400014
> > USE_OPENSSL=    yes
> > CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-openssl=${OPENSSLBASE}
> > .endif
>
> > However, something broke recently, and now this no longer works. So, I
> > need to know how to get equivalent functionality with however things are
> > supposed to work today.
>
> USE_OPENSSL=yes
> .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
>
> will do ... if openssl is not in pase, the port will be included.

Actually I only needed .pre.mk to get OSVERSION, but thanks for the
info. BTW, including USE_OPENSSL does weird things with, for example,
make clean, since it always cleans perl and the openssl port. Also,
OPENSSLBASE is /usr/local, even though I have openssl in the base
system. Both of those behaviors seem broken to me, although I was able
to work around the first by just using --with-openssl.

Doug