[porting-dev] Towards OpenOffice.org ports for FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE

Nakata Maho chat95 at mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp
Fri Nov 28 04:03:30 PST 2003

Hi, Pavel,

>    From: Nakata Maho <chat95 at mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp>
>    Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:34:34 +0900 (JST)
>
>    > `it works for me, and I'm 99% sure that this port will work for
>
> No one can tell that surely. Do you know exactly where the fundamental

So, I told 99%.

> problem with linking is? It can be hidden anywhere and you will risk users'
> satisfaction.

For FreeBSD, it is still hard to say OOo has productivity quality.
I read your IZ, different specification of dlopen, might affect
everywhere in OOo. For FreeBSD, we need more developers. absolutely.
and also I want to draw FreeBSD hackers attentions. there are huge
number of Linux hackers, but still the numbers of *BSD related person
are extemely few...
--maho