yacas-1.0.56

Boris Hollas hollas at informatik.uni-ulm.de
Tue Nov 25 08:12:07 PST 2003

I tried to compile yacas-1.0.56 on FreeBSD 5.1-R. I neither worked
with the port for yacas-1.0.54 after I'd changed the version number
and generated a new checksum nor with ./configure && gmake.

I suspect that automake is the culprit. The only automake on my system
is automake14. The makefile for yacas however includes the line
AUTOMAKE = automake-1.6.

My questions:
1. Is it safe just to install automake 1.6 and try again?
2. The port for yacas-1.0.54 is very simple and doesn't apply any
patches. If I succeed with automake 1.6 should there be a dependency
for automake 1.6 in the port for yacas-1.0.56?

Boris Hollas