multimedia/beep-media-player doesn't compile

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sun Nov 23 07:27:17 PST 2003

On Sunday 23 November 2003 15:50, Paul Murphy wrote:

> In function `vorbis_check_file': vorbis.c:164: syntax error before
> `result' vorbis.c:165: `result' undeclared (first use in this function)

Beep has a lot of these... I hope the code gets cleaned up before the final
1.0 release, that's why I won't bother with more patches right now.

>  Any help would be appreciated.

Unset CPUTYPE in your make.conf, then compile beep-media-player, it should
work. Once you're done, you can reset CPUTYPE. Gcc is much more sensitive for
sloppy code when -march is in effect, that's why it bombs out for you.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org