/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.4" not found

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Thu Nov 20 11:05:23 PST 2003

> When i try to install /usr/ports/sysutils/logrotate i get the following
> error message:
>
>     /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.4" not found
>
> It is on an Freebsd 5.1 box.
>
> Can anyone help me out with this one ??

Yes, this is probably because you updated libintl (ports/devel/gettext),
but you did not update all the ports that depend on that library.

To fix your ports, you should do the following:

1. Reinstall ports/devel/gmake. Now your build environment for GNU
   style ports should be working again.

2. Rebuild all ports that depend on gettext:
   portupgrade -fr gettext

Simon