ports/59254: ports that write something after bsd.port.mk

Sergei Kolobov sergei at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 15 13:17:13 PST 2003

On 2003-11-13 at 15:27 -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:34:56PM +0100, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:
>
> > You are right with CONFIGURE_TARGET, 359 ports use a workaround,
> > thanks again for bringing this up. I'm using this workaround myself
> > in the OpenLDAP ports, and PR 52917 seems to deal with it. At least
> > it should be easy to remove the workaround from those ports, they
> > all use the same assignment, so it's just a simple
> > search-and-replace.
>
> Unfortunately, that PR causes many more problems than it solves, and
> the originator has not responded to requests to work on it.

It's my PR, and I didn't have a chance to follow-up on it for some time.
I am now working on a better patch.

On 2003-11-14 at 02:27 +0100, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:
> David O'Brien wrote:
> >Maybe we need a knob (USE_NEW_CONFIGURE_TUPLE) or something so that
> >there is complete consistency in the GNU tuple string.
>
> OR make it dependend on GNU_CONFIGURE/HAS_CONFIGURE or use
> GNU_CONFIGURE=	new
> but we should discuss this as a followup of PR 52917

I think it's quite safe to default to the new CONFIGURE_TARGET value,
and use

GNU_CONFIGURE=	old	(or, perhaps, 2.13)

only for those ports that breaks.

I will submit the updated patch shortly.

Sergei