Ability for maintainers to update own ports

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 11 23:13:42 PST 2003

>> (11.11.2003 @ 2337 PST): Sergey Matveychuk said, in 0.8K: <<
> GNATS is not convinient for this purpose.
> E.g. I can't to get PR changes notification.
> Really I've sent some follow-ups and missed comments because of a sender
> forgot Cc: me.
>
> May be GNATS4 will be better if upgraded some time.
>> end of "Re: Ability for maintainers to update own ports" from Sergey Matveychuk <<

Ceri is working on this, but it's very difficult because any changes to
the user interface of send-pr (i.e. adding categories, etc.) makes older
versions incompatible. GNATS isn't very backwards-compatible, which can
make send-pr on older machines die horrible flaming screaming deaths. Of
doom.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger