FreeBSD Port: pd-0.35.23

Trevor Johnson trevor at jpj.net
Tue Nov 11 18:40:58 PST 2003

On 23 October 2003, Ar-NaHud wrote:

> hi ! I enjoy running PureData on my FreeBsd4,8 but i have a problem :
>
> i don't know if you have really the time to answer stupid questions
> from a frenchie ( yes my english is bad ) but that would be great if
> you could help me, i can't find a solution exploring the newsgroups.
>
>   when i run the testtone.pd patch, for example, there is an output on
> the VUmeters of PD but nothing from my soundcard.
> i have this message with dmesg :
>
>   /...../
> pcm0: <Intel 82801AA (ICH)> port 0xf400-0xf43f,0xf000-0xf0ff irq 10 at
> device 31.5 on pci0
> /....../
> pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead
>
> this is strange because in other applications i can listen to mp3 for
> example.
> i run puredata by simply typing pd, i tried to add :" -soundout dev 0"
> but it changed nothing

Hi Arno--

Those messages aren't coming from pd; they're coming from the kernel.  It
looks to me like you need to have the lines:

	device      smbus
	device      ichsmb

in the configuration file for your kernel (see the LINT file).
If that doesn't work, maybe someone on the sound list, or Archie Cobb (who
imported the driver into FreeBSD) would have better advice for you.
--
Trevor Johnson