ports containing perl modules go into /lib instead of /usr/local/lib

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Mon Nov 10 11:25:51 PST 2003

OE> Vivek , could you send us pkg_info -qf 'bsdpan-Net-Server-*'?
>>
>> [lorax]~% pkg_info -qf 'bsdpan-Net-Server-*'
>> @comment PKG_FORMAT_REVISION:1.1
>> @name bsdpan-Net-Server-0.85
>> @cwd /
>> @comment This package was generated by BSDPAN
>> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Net/Server.pm
OE> => this should be
OE>   usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Net/Server.pm,
OE> or better
OE>   @cwd /usr/local
OE>   lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Net/Server.pm

Whatever BSDPAN does, that's what I've got.

>> @unexec rmdir /usr/local/man/man3 2>/dev/null || true
OE> Packages shouldn't do this.

>> @comment ORIGIN:net/p5-Net-Server
OE> Whoa! What's this???

when your run pkgdb -F, it tries to find corresponding p5- ports to
use as a reference.

>> @comment PKG_FORMAT_REVISION:1.1
>> @name bsdpan-Net-Server-0.86
>> @cwd /
>> @comment This package was generated by BSDPAN
>> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Net/Server.pm

OE> And here you have the second installation overwriting the first one.
OE> The package system doesn't deal well withc cases like that.

I guess I need to run pkgdb -F to clear out the duplicate packages.

But none of this has much to do with my original problem of other
ports installing their perl parts into /lib rather than
/usr/local/lib.