Ability for maintainers to update own ports

Sam Lawrance boris at brooknet.com.au
Mon Nov 10 06:39:20 PST 2003

[Whoops, and to the list...]
On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 01:20, Oliver Lehmann wrote:
> Sam Lawrance wrote:
>
> > beneficial to everyone, reducing the number of ports PRs and letting
> > port updates flow through a little faster.
>
> And lower perforcely the quality of the ports tree.
> You know what I mean? There is nothing like a bit QA then. Four or
more
> eyes are better than two.

I guess that's one of the challenges to be dealt with. Having briefly
examined nbsd's pkgsrc-wip I think it is a good source of QA. I would
like to combine this with a better way of channeling changes back into
the tree. Best of both worlds - faster/wider distribution of new
changes, larger base of reviewers.

But you are right - anything that lowers the quality of the ports tree
would be an absolute no-go.