ports containing perl modules go into /lib instead of /usr/local/lib

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 9 17:18:55 PST 2003

>> (11.09.2003 @ 2007 PST): Oliver Eikemeier said, in 0.7K: <<
> Adam Weinberger wrote:
> >
> >Does anybody have any thoughts on this issue? I'd really like to have a
> >solution in the archives about this.
> >
> >>For a while now, it seems that ports containing perl modules (such as
> >>ImageMagick, rrdtool, and net-snmp to name a few) install the perl
> >>components into /lib/perl5 instead of /usr/local/lib/perl5 like they
> >>should (and as the pkg-plist expects).
>
> Do we know how to reproduce this (i.e. 4.9-STABLE with lang/perl5 port)?
>> end of "Re: ports containing perl modules go into /lib instead of /usr/local/lib" from Oliver Eikemeier <<

I honestly don't know what the trigger is. It works fine on all of my
boxes, but this symptom appears on a friend's box. He and I both run
4-STABLE with perl5.8 installed. I'm looking into it some more, but I'm
curious if others have come across -- and fixed -- this problem.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
vectors.cx	>>  adam at vectors.cx	>>  http://www.vectors.cx