Rotting PRs reminder

Stefan Walter sw at gegenunendlich.de
Fri Nov 7 02:28:36 PST 2003

Greg Lewis, 06.11.03, 21:05h CET:

> > > Why is mktexlsr not just run during post-install instead of printing
> > > a message saying one should do so?
> >
> > You're right, I changed that, too. It still has to be done manually when
> > installing via pkg_add, though, so I kept the message.
>
> Why not create a pkg-install script to do it?  That will be run during
> pkg_add.  Something simple like this should do it:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> if [ "$2" = "POST-INSTALL" ]; then
> 	${LOCALBASE}/bin/mktexlsr
> fi

Well, the above doesn't work with pkg_add, either, because $LOCALBASE
isn't defined (or am I missing something there?). The script I added
falls back to /usr/local in that case; if mktexlsr is not found in
$LOCALBASE/bin, then, it still prints out the message saying you should
do it manually. I'd rather not just execute mktexlsr and hope there's
something in the path with that name.

> Great.  I think they are almost ready to commit :).  Let me know if you're
> going to make the pkg-install change and I will commit the ports when you
> are done.

The patches are attached to the PRs. Thanks in advance...;)

Stefan