Trouble upgrading python

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 6 17:51:42 PST 2003

Going from 2.3.2_1  to 2.3.2_2 is not working for me.

It gets through most of the install, but then when it goes through
to (re) compile everything, it keeps failing in the site-packages
directory, like:

Compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/qttable.py ...
*** Error code 1

I started copying the files it was failing on out of site-packages,
thinking maybe it was just corrupted files, but it happens on many
of the packages.

I ended up just moving site-packages out of the way and going
forward with the install.

After the install completes without any problems, I moved
site-packages back in to place and all of these packages
seem to work perfectly.