Rotting PRs reminder

Stefan Walter sw at gegenunendlich.de
Thu Nov 6 08:53:25 PST 2003

Greg Lewis, 05.11.03, 19:27h CET:

> On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 11:23:25AM +0100, Stefan Walter wrote:
> > these two PRs for new ports have been around for almost four months
> > without even a single comment:
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/54335
> > (PPower4 - Post processor for PDF presentations made with (La)TeX)
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/54372
> > (FoilTeX - a collection of LaTeX files for making foils/slides)
> >
> > If there's anything wrong with them, it's unlikely for me to notice
> > unless someone points it out to me - they do work for me without any
> > problems.
>
> Looking at them briefly...

Thanks, your comments made me look up a few things I should have known
earlier.

> The FoilTeX do-extract looks suspiciously like it should be a build
> target rather than an extract.

In a way, the process also looks like an extraction to me, but I don't
mind; it's a do-build now.

> Both ports look like you could use %%EXAMPLESDIR%% and %%DOCSDIR%% in
> the packing list.

Did that, plus a few more of those.

> Why is mktexlsr not just run during post-install instead of printing
> a message saying one should do so?

You're right, I changed that, too. It still has to be done manually when
installing via pkg_add, though, so I kept the message.

> The PPower4 port should install its JAR in JAVAJARDIR, as defined by
> bsd.java.mk.

It now does. I didn't know about that one.

The new shar files are attached to the PRs now.

> > While we're at it, this third PR is a plain update of lang/mmix to the
> > latest version - no compile time or plist changes:
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/57863
>
> Committed.  This one was assigned to a committer up until a couple
> days ago, so its unlikely anyone would have looked at it until then.

Thanks. Yes, I was aware of that. I just wanted to point out that the
patch shouldn't cause much work for a committer.

Stefan