mplayer on alpha?

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Wed Nov 5 07:30:15 PST 2003

Thomas E. Zander <riggs at rrr.de> wrote:

> could somebody please verify/falsify that multimedia/mplayer builds
> successfully on alpha platform?
> In pr/50844 there are building problems mentioned and I'd like to know
> if these flaws still persist or if the pr can be closed.

I tried to build it on -CURRENT/alpha.

The good news is that the problem from PR 50844 doesn't exist any
longer.

The bad news is that it still fails.  Linking of mencoder (the
complete command line is a bit long) aborts:

cc: Internal error: Segmentation fault (program ld)

There are also numerous LP64 warnings "cast to pointer from integer
of different size" that make me skeptic that the program would work,
even if it built.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de