FreeBSD Port: mod_php4-4.3.3,1 MAKE_ARGS

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 07:00:50 PST 2003

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 02:14:07PM +0100, Stijn Hoop wrote:

> > > The only satisfactory way that I've managed to resolve this is move the
> > > PHP_OPTIONS assigmment into /etc/make.conf. I also do this with Postfix and
> > > any other ports that allow a make variable to be set with space separated
> > > values. If anyone has a solution that keeps it within pkgtools.conf, then
> > > I'd be most interested in knowing about it.
> >
> > Like this?
> >
> >     'www/mod_php4' => 'WITH_APACHE2=yes BATCH=YES WITH_BZIP2=yes WITH_CTYPE=yes WITH_CURL=yes WITH_GD=yes WITH_MIME=yes WITH_MYSQL=yes WITH_OPENSSL=yes WITH_PCRE=yes WITH_POSIX=yes WITH_SESSION=yes WITH_SHMOP=yes WITH_SOCKETS=yes WITH_SYSVSEM=yes WITH_SYSVSHM=yes WITH_TOKENIZER=yes WITH_XML=yes WITH_XMLRPC=yes WITH_ZIP=yes WITH_ZLIB=yes',
>
> Yes, well, that was what I was doing too, but somehow my line doesn't work.
> See the thread above, the lang/php4 line above doesn't work.
>
> Maybe the " quotes screw up?

Yes, that seems to be the problem.  Something about a "double quoted"
string enclosed within a 'single quoted' one.  I know that a few ruby
revisions ago it used to be possible to say something like:

    'foo/bar' => 'WITH_BAZ=\"qux quux quuux\"'

which would have the intended effect.  On the other hand, I've also
seen (and used) constructs like this:

    'foo/bar' => 'WITH_BAZ=\'\\\"qux\\\" \\\"quux\\\" \\\"quuux\\\"\''

(See for example
http://freebsd.rambler.ru/bsdmail/freebsd-stable_2002/msg14258.html)

Now, I seem to remember that at some point that sort of thing stopped
working. One upshot of that was the PHP ports now have individual
WITH_FOO, WITH_BAR ... variables that let you set any of the
PHP_OPTIONS values individually, and without using any extra quote
marks at all in pkgtools.conf, which is the point of what I was
suggesting above.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way