Suspected email virus

XPR at SBC xpr at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 5 06:36:35 PST 2003

Thanks Oliver...good advice.
The mail servers that I used are SBC/Yahoo.  The funny thing...It
allowed all the messages to my machine, but when I tried to send the
attachment, it informed me of the virus(es).  When I copied the header
information, on some of them I also copied the attachment (the virus)
of the original messages that I had received (sorry about that), which
was refused by both FreeBSD.org addresses.  When I removed those files
from my attachment (just sending the header information) it seems to
have sent just fine.

At first I thought you were suggesting virus and spam protection at the
server but are there good ones that are based on the client?

Ted