djbfft package

Kent Hauser kent.hauser at verizon.net
Tue Nov 4 00:54:35 PST 2003

On Monday 03 November 2003 10:45 pm, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:31:02 -1000, Kent Hauser <kent.hauser at verizon.net>
>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Why is math/djbfft marked NO_PACKAGE & what in the world does the message
> > mean?
> >
> > Makefile:NO_PACKAGE=    Forbidden - we have patches to the distribution.
> >
> > I don't get it, as packages are build after build, which is obviously
> > after
> > patch.
>
> DJB's license doesn't allow us to distribute binaries.
>
> Cheers,
> Mezz
>
> > Thanks, Kent

Isn't this what the NO_CDROM / NO_BUILD variables are for?
I build an internal distribution CD set with packages we use. Things like
"linux-realplayer" package just fine. The DJBFFT restriction screws up
"portinstall -rRp -m -DBATCH multimedia/okle"

Thanks for clearing up the reason. I still think the "Forbidden - we have
patches" message is cryptic.

Cheers, Kent