cvs commit: ports/audio/evilbar Makefile ports/audio/spiralsynth Makefile ports/audio/xmms-uade Makefile ports/chinese/xemacs Makefile ports/chinese/xmms Makefile ports/databases/clip Makefile ...

Miguel Mendez flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org
Mon Nov 3 05:00:17 PST 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 01:31:39 -0800
Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

Hi,

> It's not nearly as simple as "10 lines of shell script" for various
> reasons (e.g. bento generates a lot of transient errors that need to
> be filtered out; not every maintainer will want to receive automated
> mail from such a system, etc), but it's something that's been on my
> to-do list for a long time.  I've made some progress towards this
> recently.

About the transient errors, that's something I hadn't thought about,
you're right there. The other issue could be addressed via an opt-in
scheme. Maintainer A sends an e-mail to an special account that has a
.forward which processes the e-mail and puts said maintainer in the
opt-in list.

That list is later checked when processing the logs. A very rough
implemenation of a solution modulo the opt-in management and the log
filtering is attached in this message. I'm by no means a shell script
guru, but it looks quite simple to implement.

Cheers,
--
	Miguel Mendez <flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org>
	http://www.energyhq.es.eu.org