Opera fails after JDK13 installation

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri May 23 11:51:36 PDT 2003

On Fri, 23 May 2003 19:20:45 +0200, Michael Nottebrock
<michaelnottebrock at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Friday 23 May 2003 19:03, E. J. Cerejo wrote:
>> I'm running fbsd stable and after I installed JDK13 and I can no longer
>> use opera.  It gives me this error message:
>>
>> INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Could not load libjavaplugin_oji.so:
>> linking error=Cannot open
>> "/home/gdude/.netscape/java/lib/libjavaplugin_oji.so"
>>
>> System error?:: No such file or directory
>>
>> I tried creating .netscape/java/lib/ in my home directory and symlink
>> libjavaplugin_oji.so from my JDK directory but it still fails to start.
>> Has anyone experienced this problem before?
>
> That's the native opera, right? Yes, seen it. This error, opera hanging,
> etc. I can't even make opera _not_ try to load plugins. Maybe you have
> better luck with linux-opera instead.

I am not sure about www/linux-opera, but I think it needs to be update the
patch to correct the Java plugins' paths. The www/linux-opera7 is 7.11
final version and already had been tested on Acrobat reader5, Flash5,
Flash6, Sun Java 1.3.1, Sun Java 1.4.1, Blackdown Java 1.3.1 and Blackdown
1.4.1, they all work perfect. I am the maintainer for www/linux-opera7. I
wrote the how-to for those plug-ins and www/linux-opera7 over at
http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=10078 .. :-)

Cheers,
Mezz

--