FreeBSD Port: gnucash-1.8.3

Dave Goode dave at davegoode.net
Fri May 23 01:14:11 PDT 2003

Team,

Since I compiled and installed this port (upgrading from version 1.8.2),
gnucash now segfaults on startup.

Debugging yields:

gnucash: [D] "starting up (1)."
gnucash: [D] "handling command line
arguments"("/usr/X11R6/libexec/gnucash/overrides/gnucash")
gnucash: [D] "files to open: "()

I've deinstalled and done a 'portupgrade -NRr gnucash', which ensured all the
dependencies are up-to-date in both directions, but no joy. I've also deleted
all gnucash configuration files. Still no joy. It compiled without complaint,
it just won't start.

Not having gnucash is a real problem for our home accounts. Does anyone have
an ideas as to what's wrong? It's very difficult for me to try to trace as
gnucash seems to run from a complex chain of shell scripts I can't get my
head round at all ;-)

Is there any more information you need to assist?

Thanks for your help,

Dave
--
Dave Goode