HEADS UP: Ports are now frozen

Jens Rehsack rehsack at liwing.de
Thu May 22 23:48:17 PDT 2003

On 5/23/2003 8:42 AM, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 08:37:24AM +0200, Jens Rehsack wrote:

>> > Sorry, that won't be possible..there just isn't time.
>>
>> How does such a situtation is managed usually?
>
> I'm not sure what you're asking.

I ask how is a situation managed when a port patially breaks with
the base system but the ports tree is frozen. Because of the new
OpenSSL, mod_php4 in version 4.3.1 won't build with OpenSSL, but
the upcoming 4.3.2 will do. The php-4.3.2RC4 is out and the
4.3.2-RELEASE will come in next 1-3 weeks. Can this port becomes
committed whether the ports tree is frozen or not or should it marked
as broken when OpenSSL is used?

Jens