HEADS UP! Ports freeze for 5.1 in 2 days

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed May 21 03:24:09 PDT 2003

I'll be freezing the ports tree on Thursday night, around 8pm PDT (3am
Friday morning UTC), in preparation for 5.1-RELEASE.  As I announced
earlier in the release cycle we're doing things differently this time,
because the tree has spent a large amount of time in a frozen state
over the past 6 months.  Since 5.1-RELEASE is scheduled for the end of
the month, this will be a hard freeze, meaning:

          ** NO UNAUTHORIZED COMMITS!  THIS MEANS YOU! **

Because the freeze is starting only a week before the projected
release date, I will be tagging the tree and starting the (hopefully)
final release builds soon after the freeze begins.  This means there
will be no room for sneaking in commits you've forgotten before now
without disrupting my release builds, and only the most critical fixes
will be approved.

Thanks for your cooperation,
Kris