[kris@FreeBSD.org: cvs commit: ports/devel/avr-libc Makefile]

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Sun May 18 12:40:07 PDT 2003

As Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> > > FYI.  Please see http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-full/ for
> > > the failure log.
> >
> > There is no failure log for avr-libc.  So what?
>
> I see that the last update timestamp on the above URL is May 06, so
> perhaps you've got a more recent log somewhere?

OK, i found the log on bento.

It still tries to apply that @$%!&ing CPU CFLAG crap to my cross
compilation.  I'm sick of that pessimization now!

I've already got

MAKE_ENV=       NO_CPU_CFLAGS=true

in avr-libc/Makefile (long since), that is what i have been told would
do the trick to get around that braindeadness.

I wish that CPU_CFLAGS hack had never seen the FreeBSD tree,
seriously.  It gains nothing but trouble.  I still don't see why the
people couldn't just add -mcpu=myverynicecpuneedsthattweak to their
own /etc/make.conf instead of all that trouble, if they really believe
that 1.5 % speed gain in a certain benchmark would help them anything.

So whoever broke this again is IMHO also responsible for fixing all
the dependent software he broke (i. e., walk the entire ports
collection, test-compile it, and adjust accordingly).

Sorry, i'm quite upset about that now.